Recorded Date: October 5, 2023 - Date Changed due to Speaker Illness
Join Founder and Clinical Director of NBCC, Frederick Harris as he shares his experiences navigating a Behavioral Health System constrained by policies that perpetuate inequities. Frederick will guide participants in a discussion around gaps in treatment that disproportionately impact marginalized groups and explore strategies to better serve all patients. Drawing from his personal and professional experience, Frederick’s warm and eclectic style will provides a safe and engaging environment to explore difficult questions. Before joining the webinar, we encourage participants to reflect on the following points:
- The influence of systemic inequities on ideas people have about the need for treatment
- Coping mechanisms for managing symptoms within an inequitable system
- How families and communities perceive individuals' actions regarding their mental health
- Preferences for treatment sources and their impact
- The overall treatment outcomes for individuals within varying circumstances.